Grants are money provided by the University, federal, or state government entities that do not require any repayment. To apply for grants, you must complete the FAFSA.

Here are a few types of popular grants:
  1. Federal Pell Grants
    Need-based grants for degree-seeking undergraduate students. Pell grant eligibility is determined by the student’s expected family contribution (EFC), the cost of attendance, and the student’s enrollment status.

  2. Pitt Success Pell Match

    The Pitt Success Pell Match will match any Federal Pell Grant awarded to any of Pitt’s undergraduate students on all campuses, dollar for dollar!

  3. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
    Grants for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. The grant is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.

  4. Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
    The Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) provides vocational rehabilitation services to help persons with disabilities prepare for, obtain, or maintain employment. Please contact your OVR Counselor to inquire about your eligibility.

  5. PHEAA

    PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through a variety of student aid programs.

  6. PA State Grant
    A state-funded program that allows eligible Pennsylvania residents to obtain financial assistance for undergraduate study at any PHEAA-approved institution of higher education. Awards are based on financial need. Students must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree seeking undergraduate program and complete their FAFSA by May 1.

  7. PHEAA Gratuity Program
    This program provides support for families of service officers who lost their lives protecting citizens of the state of Pennsylvania including police officers, firefighters, correction facilities employees, and active members of the National Guard.

  8. Blind or Deaf Beneficiary Grant Program
    Administered by PHEAA, this program provides grants up to $500 for an academic year to blind or deaf students, who are residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and are attending a postsecondary institution.